2 year contract, with the option of extension. The Smart Transportation Innovation Program (STIP) has started to facilitate research, development and commercialization of technologies to enable smart and green transportation solutions. The post-doctoral position will lead a core project in the STIP program.
Post-Doctoral Position Available at University of California, San Diego
The position is to be filled as soon as possible with a contract period of 2 years, with the option of extension.
The Smart Transportation Innovation Program (STIP) has started to facilitate research, development and commercialization of technologies to enable smart and green transportation solutions. It consists of R&D partners, such as the Center for Wireless Communications and the Contextual Robotics Institute at UC San Diego, and Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), commercialization partners such as UC San Diego's Institute for the Global Entrepreneur, city partners like the City of San Diego and the Ulsan Metropolitan City in Korea, and global industry partners from automobile, transportation, IoT and telecommunication sectors.
The post-doctoral position will lead a core project in the STIP program: developing innovative communication and computing techniques and architectures to enable smart streets and vehicles for assisted and autonomous driving. The position will report to the Director of the Center for Wireless Communications, UC San Diego, and will collaborate with other faculty and PhD students involved with the STIP projects. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Solid background in wireless communications, wireless networking, and computer networks
- Solid understanding of some of the following MAC protocols and PHY communication schemes: IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11p (DSRC), 4G LTE
- Solid understanding of cloud and edge/fog computing
- Strong research capabilities, demonstrated through publications in competitive journals or conferences in the wireless communications and networking area
- High self motivation, commitment and flexibility as well as the ability to work in and contribute to a team.
- Strong experimental skills, demonstrated through implementation of communication systems and network protocols on software radios, open-source network drivers, or large-scale network simulators.
- Experiences in vehicular networking research.
- Knowledge of advanced communication schemes, especially MIMO, distributed MIMO, and 5G NR millimeter-wave.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application including a CV, a brief statement describing their research experience and interests, and an official transcript of coursework and grades by email as a single PDF document using reference in Subject: Post Doc-STIP
Please send all the application material to Theresa Lachman email@example.com